Identity
Published Monday, May 15, 2006 by Bharath Sattanathan | E-mail this post 
Yeah...Identity! Every Tom, Dick & Harry is involved in this. This is one particulat theory which can be rational to all, which is true in lot of sense. Do you get comments passed on you saying "I can't understand you?!". I get pissed when I hear this. I have no idea as to the reason, but man, this puts me off. I get so frustated to such an extent that I may get to start using four letter words. I say that there is no one in this world who can understand himself properly. When he himself doesn't understand himself, where is the question of someone else understanding him. Confused?! Let me explain this to you.
You are an indivudual having your own identity, right. Each and everyone has one. Now your identities are your ideas, values, beliefs, ideologies, etc. All of us live in a society and it definelty influences your identity, which means that your identity constantly changes, since for sure the society changes. Please don't argue society doesn't change. We keep learning through the changes in societies and your perceptions keep changing, which directly forces your identity to change. The bottomline is your identity is not static. When something is not static and is ever changing, how can you it properly. Got me here. So no one can know himself, forgetting about somene else knowing him!
From next time before you tell me, I can't understand you please refer to yourself and see if you can understand youself?! (It is not pointed towards someone, if they think it is the case, I am sorry!)
Filtered by sambhar.....