A trip down the memory lane!
Published Tuesday, December 27, 2005 by Bharath Sattanathan | E-mail this post 
The previous post says it all, yes I had been in madras for rather long now. The prime reason which kept me away from bloggin was the oldest monitor of my grandpa which I didnt want to use. More importantly I had been roaming so much that my patti eventually turned around & told me that I look dark after coming back. The common feeling among my friends in Bangalore is that Madras is a pumping hot place with katpadis all over. They somehow dont explain the katpadi part of it. My assumption is that all tamilians are katpadis for them. Anyways this madras trip was the best part of my trips so far. I accept that each trip to any place is different & so s this one. This is wht I did:
1. Rain...rain go away Sunday. Metup with some bloggin friends. Vatsan picked me up & I was suprised to reach there in the first instance with all the rains & Valentino rossi's riding skills. An IKON almost took my right leg away. But with all this the meet went on very well. Somu, Prabha, myself & Vats had molaga bajji's, sundal, coffee & atlast dinner at a dhabha.
2. Caffenie Monday. Met with an OzIndian friend of mine. It was coffee all the way with a lunch at palimar.
3. School boy memories Tuesday. Went to my old school & was suprised that my teachers recognised me inspite of me not attending any classes. Was lying down in the school nets thinking abt those gud old-golden days in the evening. There were some tears too!
4. The day since I saw u wednesday. Went to Kanda Naal Mudhal with a friend of mine on the Wednesday. Really liked the movie for its touchy screenplay & reality crap.
5. Mandolin thursday. It was the bday of my mom so went to the temple with her though was standing outside. I still dont know if I am an athesist or thesist. In the evening went to Mandolin srinivas kutchery with patti & aunt. Loved every bit of the three hour show.
6. Nattiya friday. Met up with some of my old coaches during the years in madras & also went to a bharatanattiyam show with a friend in the evening.
7. Kalangal Saturday. Went to Chennai Snake Park with aunt. Suprised she didnt puke at the end of it. Met some of my best friends. Full peelings!!!
8. Taties madras. Was a hectic day rite from 2am in the morning with my uncle arriving from the US. Met some frnds through the day & the evening was filled with namaskarams & abhivadaye's for the adios.
This is for the information of the public that I learnt Bharatanattiyam, Mridangam & Casio for 5 years totally when I was in school. After I started playing cricket it was all over........