I don’t remember the last time I seriously blogged. It’s been a while and I have been in exhale, apart from those weird thought for the days, from my side. My friends are beginning to doubt as to who is writing all those “Thought for the days”. It’s due to the obvious reason that for writing something like ‘thoughts’ someone needs to think & they don’t approve of the fact that ‘Filtered Sambhar’ can think.
It’s been a while since I am away from home. In fact I can even count up the days. Today is the 45rd day. I cannot believe that I am able to be without all that I did for more than these many days in a row. Those early morning jogs, those filtered kappi’s, vethai kulambu’s, paruppu usili’s, my college sports room, dhruve sir’s house, his gym, the temple where I trained, my car-which is no longer standing in front of my house, off course my family, coming to think of it the whole composition called India, everything is being missed by me every bit. It’s certainly not that I am feeling home-sick or wanting to get back home right tomorrow, but just the strange assessment between two inimitably different countries and continents.
Here my normal day begins at eleven o’clock. I have afternoon classes so I usually study till early morning, in which I find solace. Most of my time is spend on the laptop & the world which I didn’t even have a clue about all these years in my life, books! Not everyone is like me here. Each and every one I find here are so different to that of other guy. It’s just the same way India is so distinctively different than Pakistan, even then both form a part of the same continent. Lizards tend to inhabit this country more than humans.
I have classified people here into three types. First types- the ‘PRers’. Those guy’s who talk, walk and sleep thinking & talking about Permanent residency here in Australia. It’s like one of those coke advertisements. The second type is the kinds who have come here just to earn money, ‘Earners’. All they are bothered about is repaying their loan amount such that they work the total time allotted to them & end up as just scrappers in their examinations. The third types are the ones who have come here to study, ‘Bookers’. They work some what to make sure they can earn their living out of it and then study the rest of the time that they have in hand. If you take an overall division of the students, all will fit into one of these categories definitely. Their priorities may even keep changing according to semester. But whatever said and done you are expected to do both, study & work, unless you are Bill Gates family.
I definitely want to fit myself in the third category with getting some good grades so that I can reflect back something on my CV when I apply for jobs back home. Off late I have been having few friends to have a good chat in the university since there are heaps of them from India. I have also made friends with people who belong to other parts of the globe too. I need to get into a part time job so that it will take of my living and I can live peacefully without worrying about the work part of my whole thinking.
Let’s see how it unfolds, Life has just begun!!!